Talk Now

Text Now

If your event at the lodge will include the consumption of alcohol, there are a couple of requirements that need to be met.

The event planner will need to obtain two things:

a special occasion permit from the province and a host liquor liability policy.

These are needed to comply with provincial liquor regulations and to comply with our commercial general liability policy.

We will provide a short Rental Checklist form to complete as well as all the information necessary to make this process as easy and straight forward as possible.

The special occasion permit is to allow the event organizer to purchase and either provide alcohol to their guests at no cost (a no sale permit is $30) or they can provide the liquor to their guests at a maximum price of $3.50 per drink. (a sale permit is $65)

The liquor liability policy is readily obtainable on-line in about 15 minutes from companies such as PAL Canada or Duuo. They are in the range of $100 to $150 depending on the event. All the information to obtain a policy will be provided at the time the lodge is booked.

Provincial liquor laws do not allow guests to bring their own alcohol to an event at the lodge. Products such as wine that has been made at businesses such as Wine Kitz or Noble Grape are also not permitted on the premises.

As a business owners, we will do everything we can to make complying with the provincial liquor regulations and our insurer's requirements as simple and easy as possible.